Saturday, October 24, 2020

Volunteer for a Green Change

This past Thursday, I had the privilege of volunteering on a farm near Brussels. It all began a couple years ago when my employer started implementing volunteer actions, where every colleague who wanted could go and help at some project somewhere in or around Brussels. The focus this year was on "green" activities, in connection with the "EU Green Week", which was happening this past week. 

So as the coordinator for environmentally friendly actions in my service, I'm part of a subgroup named "From Farm to Fork"; and this is how I ended up being one of the coordinators for this farm activity. And we had a great time harvesting vegetables and preparing them for their bio baskets that they sell to their collaborators. Our hosts, four young farmers, were extremely hospitable, and the colleagues really enjoyed being out there. I wish I could do that more often instead of office work!


Digging out carrots

Interesting shapes

Fruit of our labour

Beautiful flowers on the farm

Delicious butternut squash

Collecting eggs

Farm animals

Busy chickens

Great production
Preparing onions


Bio baskets for everyone

Group picture (with safe distance, haha!)

No comments: