Monday, March 21, 2011

A sigh of relief

I gave my health presentation today and it went pretty well. There were about 20 colleagues attending. I had the impression that it was well received by most of the attendees, except one lady who didn't agree with me on some things. I found this a bit difficult to handle, but at the end it was fine. I think that there is still a lot I could improve as for my public speaking skills, but of course the best way is to get up there and talk. So I'm thankful that I had this opportunity and I'm even more grateful that I was able to share the 8 laws of health with some secular people. I think I didn't go too far as for the "trust" part - but  hopefully I gave them some food for thought. The lady from the human resources department came up to me afterwards, telling me that she was planning on starting a working group on "Health and Wellbeing", and that she wanted me to be part of it. Of course I agreed, and I hope that this will give me more opportunities as the Lord leads. My former colleague from Greece also came, even though he works in a different area of town. He sent me an e-mail afterwards, saying: "I can subscribe to 100% of what you said, the only question being how one could put them in practice! We will anyhow discuss more on Thursday..." Yes, I will have a lunch appointment with him then, so I will see!

My cooking class yesterday also went well. I even had two men attending. They always have a lot of questions, and it was pretty exhausting. But I like to do this work, and hopefully next time, I will also have some non-Adventists attending. I was actually able to establish some contacts with people outside the church who were interested, including a couple in the neighborhood, but they couldn't make it this time.

Ok, so what's next? I don't know if there is more I can do other than the things that I've been doing, but I hope the Lord will make things very clear to me. He has me here now for a reason, no doubt about that, however there is always the temptation to get somehow discouraged because my opportunities are so limited. I recently came across an interesting quote of Dr. Charles Stanley, an evangelical pastor:

‎"If God has placed you in a certain position, He will handle all the
details concerning it and your life. Your only responsibility is to obey
Him and leave the consequences to Him."


I find this very encouraging. After all, God is the one who knows all the details of our lives, and He can certainly handle them all. May He help us to obey Him and to listen to His voice today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you, Miss Dani. Keep on exploiting every opportunity to speak for Jesus. Frank