Wednesday, August 20, 2014

From the Hillside to the Coast

I'm dwelling at the Belgian coast as I'm writing this blog. I spontaneously travelled out here yesterday. Originally, I had planned to come here for the weekend, but since the weather forecast for these days looked much more promising than for the weekend, I decided to extend my vacation until Thursday.

So here are the last couple of weeks in a nutshell:

On Monday, I returned back from our camp meeting in Germany. It was a blessing in many ways. I'm very thankful that this was indeed the first one in three years where I was able to get some decent rest. It made such a difference to be able to follow at least part of the programme. Of course, it was still a busy time, but I'm learning little by little to delegate tasks. Our speaker-couple was Alan & Lorraine Humes, my "adopted parents" from Tennessee. I had them stay with me in Brussels for a few days before the camp meeting started. It was a blessing to have them over and share at the camp meeting. The other speakers were Tim Risenberger, Sylvain Romain, and Emiliano Richards. We had many decisions for baptism, and a lot of participants were thankful for spiritual renewal and uplifting seminars. This time, more members of my church participated, and I'm grateful that they gained a blessing as well. Of course there are still things that can be improved, but with the Lord's help they will!

Anyway, I'm thankful for this little break before going back to the office. Today, I took a long walk at the beach. It was invigorating. From Thursday afternoon, I will be back to work for another 3 1/2 weeks - and then I will be off for about a year...


Evening meeting 

Tim Risenberger speaking

With the Chilimboyi family and Sister Alice  from my church

And here are some impressions from the coast






No comments: