Saturday, August 6, 2016

Getting Ready

I'm back to Brussels for almost four weeks now. In the beginning, it was a bit difficult to adjust to living in the city again, but since I still have my old place and thus the infrastructure I'm used to, it didn't take me too long to settle back in.

As for the reinstatement to my work, I had a couple interviews, and I'm still expecting to have a few more. The only thing I know at this point is that my old Directorate-General is obliged to give me a post by September 16, but I've also applied at other DG's. I want to be open to all possibilities. Of course I keep praying that the Lord may send me wherever He can use me best.

The fact that I'm not yet back at work at this point has proven to be a great blessing. Our annual German camp meeting begins on Monday and we are expecting the largest number of participants ever (almost 450). Still being in charge of logistics, especially this past week has been challenging. As usual, there were (and still are) a number of people who want to come last-minute, and there are issues over issues that need to be resolved. But I look forward to this special time, and pray for Heavenly strength and guidance.

Besides all the work for the ministry, I did also take some time to rest and rejuvenate. So last week, I spontaneously decided to go to the thermal bath in the city of Aachen, Germany. I like the sculptures that are scattered all over in this city. This is something that you rarely get to see in the US.




Last Sabbath afternoon, I went with some church members to visit a family who just had a new baby the weekend before. Our church has been groing significantly this way over the years. Actually, in 2012, there were even 10 (!) babies born. Little Konashe is only the second one for this year, but to my knowledge there will be at least one other before the year is over. I wish we had this kind of growth also with children who join the church family by adoption :-), but by God's grace we will get there one day!

Konashe

No comments: