Friday, August 23, 2019

Back with a Vengeance

I know I have abandoned this blog in the past few months, so I guess it's high time for an update!

But where shall I start? I wanted to share about our health evangelism in June, but this has been already two months ago. In any case, we were very blessed having Ashwin Sukumaran from Uchee Pines at our church, and we even had attendees from outside.

And a couple weeks ago, we were very blessed again at our Westerwald camp meeting in Germany. This time, it was Michael Carducci and Ron Woolsey from Coming Out Ministries, Eugene Prewitt, Paul & Natasha Dysinger, as well as Johannes Kolletzki who served us as seminar speakers. The workshops on different (practical) topics were also very well received. And we managed the logistics for about 370 participants. It's getting better and better I would say. Having been at that place for the 8th time in a row certainly helps to get more and more routine. Our new registration software is also improving, and I'm learning to delegate more with the logistics. In fact, I'm already looking forward to our next camp meeting!

After the camp, I spent a couple days in Eupen, the German part of Belgium, just to relax. I like getting out of the city one more time after the camp meeting. In the past, I would usually choose the Belgian cost, but this time I decided to go to the east of Belgium. I really like this part of my adopted country. I fell in love with this area when we went there for our church retreat last year. I found a very nice Airbnb with a super friendly and helpful host. This lady went out of her way to make my stay comfortable. I look forward to visiting her again next week when we will go back there with the church! We will do our annual retreat at the local youth hostel in Eupen again, and I'm expecting another blessing. More about that will follow!


Hohegrete Christian recreation center

Eugene Prewitt and his interpreter Alberto

Johannes Kolletzki preaching


The food was great as usual

Edwin Voerman giving a workshop

Jay Krueger's workshop

The technicians did a great job

Nice octet

Children singing
Everything has to come to an end....

No comments: