Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sick but happy

Yesterday, I returned from the German camp meeting. Although I got sick there on the last day, I'm very thankful I attended. This is one of the very few camps in my country (and probably in the rest of Europe) where Present Truth is still represented. Of course it's difficult to absorb everything, especially as we are always having parallel seminars, but I've been greatly inspired during this week. A special blessing to me was the seminar of Pastor Juan Campos from Colombia, who spoke about sanctification and getting ready to receive the Latter Rain. The fellowship was also very nice; there were over 300 people at the weekend and about 250 during the week. As a nice surprise, some former youth members from my home church came with their families. However, this bug that I caught there has put me out of action now. After a warm and sunny weekend, it became rather wet and chilly, and the fact that other people got sick, lack of sleep, and draft in the house added to it. I'm thankful that it got hold of me only after the meetings ended, and that I was able to drive home safely in spite of it. I only had to cancel the weekend retreat with my church here in Brussels, which is taking place now. I was hoping to be able to go there at least for the Sabbath, but I realized this morning that it wouldn't make any sense.

So I'm recovering at home now, reminiscing and digesting the events of this past week. There is one thing the Lord came through to me more, and this is the fact that it's only Christ who can fulfill our deepest needs. He is the One who can give us true peace and happiness in life that nothing else in this world can give. Would you like to enter into a deeper relationship with Him? I certainly do.

"As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness." (Psalm 17:15)

Attendance on Sabbath

Derrol Sawyer - we were very blessed by his music
Marco Barrios explaining prophecy
Interpreting John Davis from California


No comments: