Sunday, November 10, 2013

Change of Blog Name

Sometimes I have contemplated how I would name my blog should I leave Brussels and continue my life somewhere else.

Today, I came to the conclusion that I should go ahead and change it now. Not that I have any plans to leave at this point; however my ministry has never been confined to Brussels only. For example, only a few months after my return from the US, I went on a mission trip to Hungary and Serbia. Then of course I'm involved in the German ministry "hoffnung weltweit e. V.", and I'm quite active there, especially when it comes to our annual summer camp meeting in the Westerwald region.

Furthermore, wherever I travel, even if it's not an official mission trip, I have opportunities to minister to people. At work, I minister to my colleagues who may then be able to pass on something I have given them (a health information, a thought, etc.) to somebody in their respective home country. Who knows? The Lord's ways are unfathomable. Only on the New Earth we will eventually grasp the whole extent of our influence in this world. How amazing this will be!

With all this in mind, I decided to call this blog from now on: "Under His Wings" - because if it weren't for this fact, I would not be alive today. I'm proud of my guardian angel, because he must have been extremely busy to protect me from the attacks of the enemy. And indeed, even if the "tempests are wild", I can still trust my Jesus; because I know He will keep me - because He has redeemed me and I am His child!

You may listen to this hymn here
Under His wings I am safely abiding
Though the night deepens and tempests are wild
Still I can trust Him, I know He will keep me
He has redeemed me, and I am His child.

Under His wings, under His wings,
Who from His love can sever?
Under His wings my soul shall abide,
Safely abide forever.

Under His wings—what a refuge in sorrow!
How the heart yearningly turns to His rest!
Often when earth has no balm for my healing,
There I find comfort, and there I am blest. 
Under His wings—oh, what precious enjoyment!
There will I hide till life’s trials are o’er;
Sheltered, protected, no evil can harm me;
Resting in Jesus I’m safe evermore.


No comments: